FORM Name : NEST 2023 Online Form
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the NISER, Bhubaneswar and UMDAE-CEBS Mumbai jointly. NEST is a compulsory entrance exam for candidates seeking admission in the Integrated M.Sc program at NISER, Bhubaneswar, and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai. Through this exam, the qualified candidates will get admission in the Integrated M.Sc. program of both participating institutes.
|Apply Online Form
|To Read How to Apply
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. NEST 2023 will be conducted in around 120 cities [see list] cities across India.
The candidates admitted to the programme in NISER, or CEBS, are eligible to receive an annual scholarship of Rs 60,000 through the DISHA program of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India. In addition, the scholarship recipients receive a grant of Rs 20,000 per annum for the summer internship. Alumni of the programme are presently pursuing Ph.D. at reputed universities and institutes in India & abroad. Besides, top performers at NISER and CEBS, securing overall grades above a certain threshold at the end of the programme, are eligible to appear directly for the interview for admission to Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) training school.
NEST 2023 Application Form
Check the complete details about NEST 2023 Application form in below section:
- NEST 2023 Application Form has been released by the authority through online mode. No other mode is entertained.
- Candidates are advised to use valid and working Email ID and Phone numbers to register.
- Candidates are able to fill out the application form from 27th February 2023 to 17th May 2023.
- Application forms has been released for eligible candidates only, so candidates are advised to confirm their eligibility before applying.
- Correction facility may of may not be provided by the authority. Candidates should fill out the application form carefully before the last date.
- Upload required documents i.e. photograph & signature in the specific format.
- Candidates must keep the printout of the filled application form and fee receipt for future reference.
Documents Required for Applying NEST 2023:
The following are the necessary documents which candidates must upload during filling of application:
- The passport size photograph & signature of the candidate should be in jpg/ jpeg format and the image size should not be more than 80 kb.
- Graduation Degree/ Mark sheet
- Left-Hand thumb impression of the candidate
- Class 10th certificate of the candidate
- Post Card size photograph of the candidate, etc.
Following are the complete step by step process for filling NEST online Application form:
- Visit the website of NEST 2023
- Now click on the ‘New candidates’ registration link and register yourself by filling online registration form.
- Fill the registration form with asked details – Name, Date of Birth, roll number of High School, Mobile number, email id, etc. then fill the captcha code and click on ‘Register’.
- Candidates will receive user id and password for application form through SMS and Email.
- Login into the website and fill details in application.
- The Application Form will consist of details like Personal, Academic, communicational, exam center, etc.
- Now candidates have to submit the required documents – passport size photograph and signature, etc.
- Select the payment gateways & complete the transaction.
- After the completion of transaction of application fee, take the printout of fee receipt and filled Application form for future reference.
Eligibility criteria for admission:
Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
Candidates in the Unreserved and OBC categories must have been born on or after August 01, 2003. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Divyangjan candidates.
Class XII qualifying exae also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from themination must have passed in either 2021 or 2022. Candidates appearing in 2023 ar
Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Divyangjan candidates, the minimum requirement is 55%.
Candidate should secure a position in the NEST 2023 merit list.
NEST 2023 Exam Pattern
Here is the complete NEST exam pattern for the examination:
- Mode of Examination: The mode of exam will be Computer-Based Test (CBT) online exam.
- Questions Type: The question paper will have Multiple -Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Time Duration: The duration of the examination will be 4 hours for completing the exam.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of overall 200 marks.
- Sections: There are 4 different sections in the question paper which includes subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology. Each subject contain 17 questions in which 12 questions will be single correct answer MCQs & 5 questions will be multiple correct answer MCQs.
- Marking Scheme: In single correct answer MCQs candidates will earn 2.5 marks & for multiple correct answer MCQs 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for multiple correct answer MCQs & 1 mark will be deducted for single correct answer MCQs.
Check the complete section-wise pattern for the NEST 2023 Exam:
NEST 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of NEST 2023 is based on NCERT and CBSE pattern from 11th and 12th class. The questions have made for testing the candidate’s knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
The following are the syllabus for the NEST Entrance exam-
|Physical-world and measurement
|Laws of Motion
|Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism
|Work, Energy, and Power
|Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
|The motion of systems of particles and rigid body
|Properties of Bulk Matter
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
|Atoms and Nuclei
|The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic theory
|Some basic concepts of Chemistry
|Structure of atom
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure
|States of Matter: Gases and liquids
|General principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
|P Block elements
|D and F block elements
|Sets and Functions
|Relations and Functions
|Vectors and Three–Dimensional Geometry
|Statistics and Probability
|Diversity in the Living World
|Structural Organisation – Plants and Animals
|Genetics and Evolution
|Cell Structure and Function
|Biology and Human welfare
|Biotechnology and its applications
|Ecology and environment
NEST 2023 Preparation Tips
Here are some effective tips for better NEST preparation or NEST 2023 examination:
- Go through the whole syllabus and the exam pattern of the NEST 2023.
- Do regular practice exams.
- Create your study format and stick to it religiously.
- Try to avoid last minutes preparations.
- Work through the previous year’s questions and sample papers.
- Stay focused on your studies by avoiding all the distractions.
NEST Exam 2023 Category Wise Seat Details